It would be nice if there were a formula for how to settle your Virginia accident case, but there isn’t. Determining settlement value depends on a variety of factors:
- How bad was the property damage from the car crash?
- What are your medical bills and what sort of treatment did you have?
- How long did it take you to recover from your injuries (or do you have a permanent condition)?
- How much insurance coverage is available?
- Was anyone involved drunk or intoxicated?
- Did the injured person do anything wrong?
- Were there any prior injuries?
Personal injury attorneys joke that “back in the day” the insurance company used to just multiply the amount of the medical bills by three. This is no longer the case! Today, the insurance companies fight to safeguard every last penny. Insurance companies now spend small fortunes training their adjusters to look for every little hole in a case and to be skilled negotiators. You want someone on your side who has the same background.