How do I obtain a police accident report in Fairfax, Virginia?


In Fairfax County, car accident reports are maintained in Central Records for the Fairfax County Police Department. Instructions on obtaining your report are here. To get a copy of the police report from your City of Fairfax auto accident, go to you need to go to the City of Fairfax Police Department Records Station on Old Lee Highway. Accident reports can be released only to a limited number of people:

  • The personal injury attorney representing you;
  • Someone involved in the car crash;
  • The owner of a car involved in the auto accident;
  • A representative from one of the insurance companies involved in the crash.

If possible, you should obtain a copy of the accident report before meeting with a personal injury attorney in Fairfax. Bringing your accident report to the initial conference with your attorney makes it easier for him to determine whether you have a case, determine which parties are involved and submit the letter of representation to the appropriate insurance company.

Free Consultation

Please call us (703) 385-1100 or fill out the below form and we will respond shortly..


At David Marks Law, we are devoted to achieving the best possible result for our clients in each and every case. Whether that means reaching an early settlement with the insurance company or taking your auto accident case all the way through a jury trial, we work with our clients to understand their wants and needs and to implement a plan to achieve those goals.